To work under the supervision of the Pre-Closing Walkthrough Manager to ensure that Orientations and Delivery walks for new homeowners are conducted in a professional and consistent manner; to educate the new homeowners on the systems, and warranties of their new home.
The employee will work outside and inside of homes under construction and finished. Travel to and from job sites and the home office is required. The noise level will range from moderate to loud. There will be times when hearing and eye protection are needed.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem-solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use power tools, drive company vehicles, and make repairs to drywall, painting, and caulking, must be able to lift over 50 lbs. safely. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk and hear, must have visual acuity to operate a vehicle; run power tools; draft reports; memos, letters, emails, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent to perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires daily travel to and from job sites and regular travel to and from the home office.
A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to pass drug and alcohol tests, as well as a background check. Must have a good driving record and be eligible to be insured through by company for use of a company vehicle.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative to those as employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements are the minimal levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the variety of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- 1. Perform New Home Orientations, and Delivery Walks according to the processes set forth by Homes by Taber.
- 2. Educate homeowners about the systems, and warranties of the home and make notes as to what touch ups need to be done before the final walk. To submit the list to the appropriate people.
- 3. Must be well versed in industry standards of residential construction, and company’s warranty guidelines, and have the ability to communicate our warranty policies to our customers.
- 4. Complete office tasks related to preparing homeowner guides and house fills prior to final walks.
- 5. Provide after-hours support for customer reported emergencies. This requires being on call for 2 weeks at a time, on a rotation with all other Warranty personnel.
- 6. Must be able to fill in for the Claims Coordinator in case of their absence or requirement for them to be out of office. This requires good working knowledge of their job requirements and processes to be able to effectively fill in for them, without any lapse in communication with customers, or members of the Management team.
- • High School Diploma or Equivalent
- • Two (2) years of related job experience in areas of construction and/or customer service.
- • Strong understanding in one of the following areas: Residential New Construction, Warranty, Customer Service
- • Strong understanding, in use of technology, i.e. Cell Phones, Cameras, I pads, Surface Pros, use of PDF editing software, and Excel spreadsheets
- • Excellent communication skills, oral, and written, including presentation skills.
- • Analytical and Interpretive skills
- • Strong organization skills
- • Ability to handle conflict and confront challenging issues in a fast work environment
- • Excellent troubleshooting skills
- • Ability to work in a team environment
- • Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- • Must have some knowledge of residential construction practices
- • Ability to communicate with customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner, often in stressful situations.
- Health, Dental, and Vision (company pays half)
- Home Purchase Program
- Paid Vacation (After one year of employment)