Under the immediate supervision of the Erosion Control Foreman and the general direction of the Lawn and Erosion Control Manager, performs all erosion control needs including silt fence, Curlex, installing berms, check dams and street cleaning under the direct supervision of the Erosion Control Foreman.
The Erosion Control Crew Member will have to exercise both mental and physical demands depending on the task at hand. Job duties require the use of power tools, operating machinery, and other construction equipment. Applicant must have clear and conceptual thinking abilities, including troubleshooting, problem solving, and analysis. They must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet strict deadlines. Additional qualifications for the erosion control crew member include strong communication skills, both verbal and written, being comfortable with technology including Microsoft Outlook, the use of tablets and smart phones.
- • Assists the Erosion Control Foreman on finishing daily tasks on assigned job sites.
- • Assists the Erosion Control Foreman to conduct inventories of materials, as well as anticipating the needs and requirements to complete the job.
- • Assists the Erosion Control Foreman on daily maintenance of all equipment including skid steers, trucks, and trailers and all assigned company equipment.
- • Perform and direct completion of erosion control projects as directed by Erosion Control Foreman.
- • Strong commitment to safety standards and safe operation of all equipment and tools. Must insist upon compliance with HBT safety policies.
- • Communicate and project the proper attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
- • Ability to organize, coordinate, manage time effectively, and have the ability to problem solve.
- • Assist the Erosion Control Foreman in completing daily work orders.
- • Use of hand tools including sledgehammer, shovel, rake, etc.
- • Attends and participates in production team meetings.
- • Attend and participate in training sessions.
- • Plan and be proactive for daily material need before leaving the yard every day.
- • Attention to detail.
- • Willingness to work hard and flexible hours.
- • Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- • Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- • Must be able to speak and communicate clearly.
- • Excellent ability to handle work related stresses as well as handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- • Ability to work as a team in a team environment.
- • Must be dependable and reliable at all times.